1. The KDA will play significant role as facilitator
for housing development.
2. Making Provision of affordable housing for the
3. Planning interventions in the spontaneously developed
4. Continuous monitoring of land and housing market.
5. Promoting of participatory development process
in the housing sector.
Traffic and Transport
1. Incremental road network development.
2. Introducing efficient city bus service, and commuter
train service, constructing sufficient bus and truck
terminals and maintaining road network standard.
3. All city roads should have foot paths for the pedestrian.
1. Formulation of storm water drainage improvement
plan and phase wise implementation of drainage improvement
2. Encouraging the involvement of NGOs, CBOs and civil
societies in planning, improvement and maintenance
of drainage system.
1. Exploration of the new sources of ground water
2. Proper investigation on arsenic, salinity and iron
contents of the ground water.
3. Creation of an independent agency for water &
1. Sufficient production and supply of components
of single and twin pit latrines.
2. Promotion of public toilet facilities through out
3. Development of an integrated sanitary sewerage
network with treatment plants.
Solid Waste Management
1. Improvements of collection efficiency, recycling
of solid waste, monitoring solid waste disposal.
2. Management of toxic wastes from hospital, clinic
and industry. and treatment of industrial liquid waste
before disposal into the river.
3. Introduction of controlled dumping / sanitary landfill.
4. Regular monitoring of solid waste disposal.